Thursday, February 5, 2015

Sanctuary!!!

My Facebook feed is choked, CHOKED, with vaccine talk.  Well, it's less like talk and more like either side of the issue screaming insults at one another's intelligence (spare a blessed few who are more about supporting parents' informed decisions, which is nice).  I'm over it.  The fact that politicians are sounding off on it makes me want to puke.  I fly here to escape the issue and find my little piece of internet sanctuary.

Baby John is growing by leaps and bounds.  He's so close to crawling!  He's been up on his hands and knees for weeks now, but he can't seem to manage more than that.  I'm ok with it.  I'm already finding many unexpected surprises in his diaper as it is.  Lego studs appear to be a favorite.  Ugh!

I rearranged the furniture in my living room in an effort to get a clearer picture on how it will all look once the flooring and built-ins are installed.


Here is what the living room looked like. This was
shortly after we moved in, so the mess (and the TV)
was blessedly small.

Just off to the left of that picture was the craft desk, buried in my sewing machine, yarn, notions, and fabric.  It became easier for me to spread out on the dining table to do crafty stuff, so I moved all of that to the laundry closet.  Then it became the homeschooling desk, covered in books, papers, drawings, and projects.  While it remains that kind of functional, I also moved the computer there so that we could get rid of the "office" desk and move the TV.  Like so:

The computer has been moved to the former craft desk
and the office desk made its way to the curb.
Do you see how the TV blocks half the window? Ugh!!!


Blessed order and function!
All we need here is a new, less grody desk chair.

Then I moved the TV to where the office desk used 
to be, then turned the couch to face it.

You would not believe how much bigger the room feels!  More light is coming in that front window, the flow from one room to the other is better, and there was a decent purge during the entire process.  In fact, in that last picture, you can see part of a pile of trash bags full of giveaways that will be headed to a donation center tomorrow. 

Oh, that reminds me, SOMEBODY is turning 4 years old tomorrow!
I'd better go bake that cake he wants...







No comments:

Post a Comment