Friday, December 20, 2013

It's Blitz Time

Today begins the frenzied whipping together of the last of the hand made Christmas gifts.  A scarf needs finishing, a dress needs sleeves, mugs need sweaters, pajama pants need sewing, and mittens need cutting and assembling.

The kids are thrilled, because it means Mommy will allow them to rot in front of the TV to keep them from getting trampled underfoot.

I'm thrilled because I have the house cleaned enough that I can hammer away at this all day long.  I'm also thrilled that the mittens will be coming from old sweaters (I abhor throwing stuff away when it can be repurposed), that the mug sweaters will put a considerable dent in my yarn stash that has sat idle on my craft desk for far too long, and that my daughter's Christmas dress, which I started last year, will finally be done.

In case this is my last entry until then, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment