Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Badda Boom

I know, I have been absent yet again.  Life continues to roll along at a pace I'm still trying to handle without turning into some psycho stress monster.  The long and short of it is that I'm lazy, which is also something I'm trying desperately to rectify, especially during Lent.

However, days like today come along where I'm itching to get out and make things happen.  We are heading to our friend's farm this morning to check out nine new lambs!  Over the last week, all of their ewes have birthed twins and one set of triplets!  I'm so excited to get the children dirty with some lamb care.  I'm also excited that all of the lambs have survived so far.  Another friend in upstate NY lost six of their ten lambs this year because of the cold, despite their best efforts to keep the lambs warm and fed.

I'll post pictures of this adventure tomorrow, hopefully.

Then it's off to Target to see about a nicer outfit for a filming this evening.  I get to meet up with some of the wives from John's work and be in the background of a filming for a Bible study geared towards mothers.  I get free dinner, a free babysitter (thanks, honey!), and a night of motherly fellowship.  Two solid hours of grown up time?  Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Then it is home to finish up a few chores, get the kids to practice writing (they really need it), and get dinner thrown together for these crazies before showering and working to make myself look like I don't normally live and operate in a damp cave.

As for fun adventures in motherhood, my daughter has learned the line of logic, "Well, I didn't (fill in the blank as it pertains to the chore she was just asked to perform), so why should I (action that needs taking to rectify the situation)?"  This morning, for example, she was asked to help find her father's guitar tuner.  "But I didn't lose it!  Why do I have to help find it?"   Heaven help me!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment