Thursday, March 27, 2014

Springing Spring

I can't even begin to extrapolate on how busy we've been.  I can, however, show you bits and pieces:

With a simple cardboard box, imagination, and a steak knife...

...we have a mighty nice rocket ship!

The one spring-like day we had was spent at the park.

Come at my ladybug, bro!

Yes, he was really that happy to be outside.  We all were.

Wind-swept hair, pink cheeks, and that dimple...
What a cutie!

Wheeeeeeeeee!

For once in a long, long time, they were getting along perfectly!

So much to do!

I'm surprised he even stopped long enough for me to snap a picture.

We have been knee-deep in friends and
 Lenten activities in Sunday school!

We've been spring cleaning!
(yep, that's under the fridge and super disgusting)

I could not ask for better helpers!

And then comes the blissful sigh of relief.
The kitchen has looked just shy of immaculate for nearly 4 days now!

We've addressed long overdue personal upkeep issues
with capable and talented professionals...

...allowing for exceptional results.

Admittedly, professionals are the ONLY people allowed
to touch this picky boy's hair. 

Don't let the face fool you.  He loves it.

More spring cleaning is in the works.  This place has not looked this wonderful since we first moved in.  The kids have taken up so many supplemental chores, too!  I'm so proud of them!  Their efforts have allowed me to gain steam in decluttering efforts, which has allowed me to spend evenings working on crafty things, like the blanket in the works for son #1's impending 10th (GASP!!!!) birthday.

Also, seeds for the garden have been ordered and plans have been drawn.  I'm so excited!

Tucked into the folds of our full days have been a few observational gems from the kids:

"Moms have tough jobs.  I don't want to be a mom.  I'll just live with you forever so you can do all the cooking and laundry and stuff." -The Girl, always thinking of others...

"I have autism, but I'm pretty sure you're just crazy." -Son #1 to Son #2, when discussing the possibility that Son #2 might also have ASD.

"Mommy, that was tewwah-bull." -Son #3, critiquing my cooking skills, after finishing his second helping.

"Just because I have tantrums doesn't mean YOU can have them." -Son #2's public service announcement to his siblings.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment