Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Well, It's Wednesday!

We are abuzz with creativity here!

I should begin with a Lenten resolution that I actually look forward to: we give up TV.  It is SUCH a blessing, and I am completely ready to part with our TV entirely.

However, it manages to weasel its way back into our lives at the end of each Lent.  My husband is a football junkie, though he seemed to be impartial to last season (which was a shock considering how well his favorite team was doing).  The occasional movie is nice, and I do admit that I use it to "babysit" the kids when I need just a few seconds to myself, but I would gladly go without all of that!  The house is quieter, more productive, the kids are happier and more active, and things stay cleaner.

Maybe this will be the year I convince the hubbs that we really CAN go without it, sell it for some decent cash, invest in a larger computer screen for the occasional movie if he wishes, and bask in a more peaceful home life.

Anyway, day three without TV had caused a major push into creativity...
  
The boys have gotten to work on designing a Lego Balloon Car,
which was a rather sweet find on Pinterest:


The girl is learning to crochet with great speed and enthusiasm!
Her inaugural project is turning this super soft yarn, for which the original
purpose is long forgotten, into a pair of lounge pants. :-)


My youngest has shown tremendous interest 
in the workings of the kitchen.
He is actually very helpful, and far less
accident prone than his usual chaotic nature
would suggest!

Son #1, who has recently gotten into the Doctor Who series, prompted me to check out TARDIS blanket designs on the internet, leading to the ordering and planning to crank out something similar to this for his birthday:

Oh, and books have gotten more attention, which is always a welcome and wonderful thing:



1 comment: