Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Every Random Thought

Today, my brain has been hopelessly scattered across the spectrum of rather mundane issues.  I'm here to unload them if you care to peek into the bucket o' crazy that is my trainwreck of thoughts...

Maleficent: There is a movie coming out with Angelina Jolie as my favorite villain of all time.  I want to see it, but I don't want Jolie to ruin Maleficent for me.  I have a sneaking suspicion that she will.  Wah wah wah, poor little me.

Pizza: I bought a cheese pizza from our local Wegmans (I trust their ingredients and process) for the kids to eat on Friday.  I hate myself for it, but I'm also patting myself on the back.  I don't have my husband here to lean on in the evenings so that I can make my kids a decent dinner without completely stressing out and leaving the kitchen a disaster at bedtime.  I feel guilty for taking the easy way out of Friday's dinner, but justified in what the iota of spared peace of mind will bring to my evening.  I'm not sure the exchange was entirely worth it.

Baby-related illnesses: While I have felt nauseated for weeks now, I didn't actually vomit until today.  Immediately after the contents of my stomach vacated my body, I had the overwhelming craving for chips and salsa.  I indulged.  Gross.

Internal organs are a bear: I suspect my uterus is tilted.  I'm going to talk to my doctor about it tomorrow at my check-up, but all signs point to that being the case.  It's supposed to correct itself, but I'm not a patient person.  It should be good and darn corrected the minute it became difficult for me to pee.

Bills: The bills for Kid #4's teeth keep rolling in.  Yet another new charge has showed up in the mail.  AND it's marked as 30 days past due.  Guess who is getting a hormone-crazed, exhausted, angry call from me today?  They originally had him slated to get 6 crowns.  Only one of those crowns was necessary, but somehow it's $400 more than what I paid?  Medical billing is a complete racket.  I'm convinced of it.

Cleaning: My kitchen is getting a total overhaul today.  It has to happen.  I know the results will only be noticeable for about 20 seconds before the kids descend and turn the place upside down, but it must happen.

There's more, but I hear a kid playing in the sink.  Oh, to have a moment's peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment