Thursday, November 7, 2013

Handmade Christmas

I've been meaning to do handmade Christmas gifts for years.  Once in a while, I will crank out one or two handmade gifts, but this year has made it more of a necessity than past years.  

I'll admit it: I'm totally stoked about it!

I have a soap making class with some friends that will cost me $20 and make enough soap to gift out to family and neighbors, as well as enough to cover us for the next 6 months.  I have ornaments for various Godparents, cotton kitchen towels to crochet for John's coworkers, winter gear for the kids (hats and scarves) to crochet as well, and a few dress shirts to sew for John. 

I revisited my Pinterest page for gifts and found a few more things that I'm excited to make:

1. Constellation cards for Kid #1, a major lover of all things galactic.

2. Animal wall busts for the kids, likely in various forms (shark, dinosaur, unicorn, bear).

3. Cute slippers for the whole family.

4. A little something for myself. :-)

I'm also excited to be getting rid of all of this yarn that's been hanging around here.  Decluttering and giving gifts... awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Humbug! Seriously though, it is very satisfying to make gifts for others. MK and I have done that for years and when you hit the nail on the head and see the looks on the faces of the recipients it is the best gift that you can get. Keep it up and teach that to your kids.

    ReplyDelete