Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Get In My Belly!!!

I woke up feeling nauseated again, but once I got up and moving I have been struck with this desperate need to eat.

I want to eat everything!

I had two eggs for breakfast and I'm trying to keep it at that until after baby check this morning.  I'm also on Pinterest, flipping through their food section, dying to eat a pineapple cream pie (did you even know there was such a thing?!?!) with a balsamic glazed chicken chaser, making sure not to ignore the bacon-wrapped scallops, blueberry quinoa parfait, and glazed lemon zucchini bread.

As Murphy's Law would have it, I have to go to the grocery store for a couple of necessary items after my baby check, so Heaven knows that it's like walking an alcoholic into a free beer garden.  Ugh...

A friend posted a no-bake eclair cake recipe on her Facebook this morning and I nearly died looking at it.  Thankfully, I read the ingredients and it included Cool Whip, which repulses me.  That's a bazillion calories that I can willingly turn down. :-)

Chicken for dinner is in the crock pot because it needs to be done before three in order to be used in the enchiladas I have planned.  I can barely wait to eat those!

Ok, I need to move on from food...

Last night started a trend that I hope-beyond-hope to continue.  We drove to a lovely park that has an expansive playground and a nature trail so that John could get in a long, necessary walk, and so the kids could blow steam on the playground.  It was a success!  John got his sweat on and the kids went to bed without much fuss.  As we get bikes repaired and strollers refreshed, I'm hoping we can all slowly move to the trails first and then punctuate with a round on the playground.  Or, as John builds his resolve to stay in shape, maybe he can allow me to mosey off on the trail and get my own wrecked physique into fighting shape. :-D

In other news, I tried thredup.com last week.  It's an online consignment store that has prices comparable to our local Goodwill, only they ship to your door.  Anyway, we bought Maria some summer wardrobe essentials (cotton dresses and some tops) and I could not be more pleased with the condition and quality of the clothes.  I know, I sound like a commercial, but it's the truth.  Two of her picks:

Could this not be more perfect for a summer BBQ?
Toss on a shrug, and it'll do for Liturgy!

This one made me nervous, as brown and bright colors,
when paired, intimidate me.  However, this was one of
my favorites.  The picture doesn't do it much justice.
And it was new with tags, so I got to see that I paid
10% of the original price.  Awesome!

We also found a white cotton eyelet dress (so cute!) and a pale yellow cotton dress that's decidedly "hippy chic."  The tops were various Hello Kitty fodder (gag me, but she likes them) that will do well with her clam digger shorts and jeans when playdates come a-calling.

Ok, I need to head out for the baby check.  Time to herd the cats...

EDIT/UPDATE: Doc thought the baby was breech, but did a quick peek on the ultrasound machine and saw that he's head first and ready to roll.  My labs were negative for Group B Strep, so I told her she probably wouldn't see me until I had to push.  She thought that was great, and we then talked a while about lay midwifery being introduced at the local hospital by another doctor, like the hospital would honor coverage for any necessary intervention under one doctor (who is particularly unreliable for that very instance)?  It was an interesting talk.  I also get to go IV free (unless an emergency pops up, of course) and I get an early discharge.  I'm still heavily weighing an "oops" homebirth, though.  (I know, Mom, but it's not like you can stop me!  BWAHAAHAAAAAA!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment