Thursday, April 17, 2014

Holy Thursday, Holy Mackerel...

Here we are, staring down the barrel of the Paschal Triduum, and I feel like I have little to show by ways of sacrifice and spiritual enrichment.  The house didn't get the deep-cleaning treatment I was hoping to give it, though it still remains in better shape than before Lent started.  That counts for something, right?  I did get to confession two days ago and received Anointing of the Sick last night, which definitely counts for something.

Maybe the lesson to be learned is that I will find what healing and sanctification I need, just not necessarily on the terms I set for myself.  I can live with that.

Switching gears: At about 12:30 this morning, my youngest woke up gasping for breath and terrified.  Between panicked gasps came the telltale barking cough of croup.  After making sure he had a quick drink of water and a trip to the potty, I brought him to bed with me where I worked to calm him down and get him back to sleep.  After that, it was the usual knees-in-the-back and loud-but-contented-sighs that normally accompany having him camped with us.  The rest of the day has been a consistently runny nose and a less "barky" cough, but his "nurses" have been making sure that he is well cared for.

It's a rough life, having your siblings trip over one
another to get you set up with pillows, blankets,
and a good book.

As for contractions, they still come and go.  But, like I predicted, my OB confirmed that everything is maintaining "bank vault" status and I am in no danger of hatching this kid anytime soon.  To appease the concerns of my husband, I will be packing an overnight bag... later... after I get the house cleaned...  and the Pascha foods baked/cooked/assembled... and after I finish up getting the kids' school year in the books and cleared by the district... and everything else I have to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment