Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Oh, This Week!!!

A solemn Holy Week, friends and family!

This past week and the week ahead is filled with bombardment.  I just got news that my husband's roommate from college, a vehemently content Protestant, is converting to Catholicism on Saturday!!!  This is a bit of a shock, because he was so convinced that Catholicism was ridiculous, even though he married a Catholic (she told me she had nothing to do with his decision to convert, and rather challenged his motives to make sure he was doing it for the right reasons).  I'm so happy for their family, and especially for him!

Days filled with sporadic contractions continue.  Some days, it's one or two hard contractions and a dash of Braxton Hicks, while last Sunday had me sidelined in bed completely from noon until six or seven in the evening with a 50-50 mix of worrisome and "meh" contractions.  If there were any regularity to them, I'd be on the phone with my OB to discuss options, especially in light of being 5 weeks out from my estimated due date.  However, they seem to do little more than interrupt my daily plans with their annoying unpredictability.

My mother and my husband seem to think this kid may not see his due date.  I'm not convinced.  My body latches on to these kids until threat of a c-section is floated around.  And even then, it's a toss up.  Anyway, I have an internal exam on Thursday.  I'm expecting a round of "you're closed up like a bank vault, see you in two weeks."  You know, the usual.  Even still, my husband has put the brakes on nearly EVERYTHING that I have/want to do that isn't absolutely essential.  Mom, fear not, someone is FAR more insistent about me taking it easy than you.

This morning, Kid #4 began a round of the pukes.  I'm hoping beyond hope that this is a fluke.  I have so much to do between now and Easter Sunday that I shouldn't even be blogging.  As soon as I finish, the house is getting doused in cleansers to keep from spreading the fun.  If the other kids fall like dominos, I may totally lose my mind.

I'm also face-deep in menu planning, scheduling babysitting duties at our friends' farm while they visit Ohio for Easter, working my days around my husband's crazy schedule (thanks to minor medical procedures and looming deadlines), getting our garden out of starter pots and into the ground, and getting the kids' school year wrapped up before the baby is born, which includes portfolios and evaluations.  I may rent confetti cannons to fire off every morning as a means of motivation.

On that note, I'd better be on to getting this day on the move.


No comments:

Post a Comment