Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Click. Take a Pic.

Stiiiiillllllll nnooooooooooo caaaaamerrrraaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

My birthday is in September.  I'm already scouting sales for a DSLR camera.  But with the way finances are going, I may opt for a point-and-shoot and put the difference toward more necessary things (oh these first-world problems).

However, things are on the up-and-up.  My husband has taken on a teaching position rather last minute at a local Catholic college this fall.  It's the same intro course he did before, so his prep work is all done.  It's a tremendous blessing, because now he won't be locking himself away from the family two extra nights a week to prep for the classes.

This also means we're pulling in a little more income.  I'm thrilled about this.  It may put us a little bit ahead of paying off his student loans.

Even more still, his company wants me to make a few Wikipedia pages for some of their authors.  I have to read some autobiographies/memoirs and take some notes.  Yes, I'm getting paid to read about people I deeply respect, and then prepare a wiki page for the world to read about them.  How amazingly awesome is that?!?!

Well, we're late beginning school work.  I'd better make it happen so the kids can hit up our friend's pool later!

6 comments:

  1. http://www.keh.com/camera/Canon-Digital-Camera-Bodies/1/sku-DC029991015710?r=FE
    http://www.keh.com/camera/Canon-Digital-Zoom-Lenses/1/sku-DC079990648100?r=FE

    ReplyDelete
  2. keh is very reputable and even their bargain grade are 'good' used items. they have a 15 day no questions return policy and their staff are quite helpful. between that and craigslist (which don't forget to also check for deals) i have all my used camera gear needs covered! i just bought a bargain grade rebel camera body from them for Miriam to learn on - $60!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet mercy, this is much more affordable than even a standard point-and-shoot! You may have just made my birthday super awesome! I just entered that giveaway on FB, so hopefully that gets you another entry!

      Delete
  3. More income! Those are words that I love to hear. Just interviewed for a job today, the waiting to hear is going to kill me. We could use a little extra here as well. Wonder if there is anyway that God wants us to relocate to be your next door neighbor? I'll have to take that to prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that on Facebook! We're praying for good news for you! What kind of job, if I can ask?

      Delete
    2. And I'd be over the moon to be neighbors! Though I'd want to move out toward you. I think the lack of openness in our area would drive you nuts. It drives me nuts! :-)

      Delete