Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: A Food Review.

I remember once asking my dad what kimchi was.  He told me that it was Korean pickled cabbage.

I never thought of it since.  Pickled cabbage?  Gross.

Well, about a week ago, we were watching "Unwrapped" on Amazon and they showed the King's Kimchi factory mixing up their kimchi.  It is marinated and fermented, mixed in small batches by hand, using not one single unrecognizable ingredient.

SOLD!

I went out and found some at our grocery store and tried it over two egg whites for breakfast.  I wasn't expecting it to be so tangy, but the follow-up flavors of garlic and chili (think sriracha) had me hooked.

I have been enjoying it on my eggs, over rice noodles, and by itself ever since.

I bought the spicy variety and it hasn't been as spicy as I thought it would be.  It's tolerable, even for a spicy-food-wuss like me. :-)

1 comment:

  1. It is yummy! You should go to a Korean restaurant and try some there! That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete