Friday, August 16, 2013

I Did Something!

Yes, I finally have a project I can post!  This is the second one since I started this blog, which means I'm not doing too well in the Friday's Refashion or whatever I originally planned for Fridays, but things are happening at least, right?

My creativity has been manifesting in really messed up, disorganized, random explosions of doneness.  What's hilarious is, since I am still without a proper camera, I have been taking "before" and "after" pictures with my son's Lego camera.  Soak in the 3MP awesomeness.

Anyway, halfway through painting my downstairs bathroom (that will be another Friday post in the near future), I decided I needed a smaller project to keep the momentum going.  My sights landed on our humble little knife block.

I took "before" pictures and loaded them onto the computer about 3 minutes ago, realized I needed to take "after" pictures, took those, then loaded those onto the computer as well, only to have it save over the "before" pictures.  Of course it would happen that way.  Ugh.

Yourblissblog.com had a suitable "before" picture with apt labeling, so I borrowed it.

Two coats of chalkboard paint and some help from the kiddos rendered this:
"No cuts, no butts, no coconuts" is their favorite line from the movie Wreck-it Ralph.

It says: "Winner winner, chicken dinner" and there is a whole chicken on the top level, half-hidden by knife handles.  

The beauty about it is we can erase and redecorate it as time and season dictates.  Kid #2 wrote "I love you, silly!" on the back of it, while the girl drew a princess somewhere.  Before the day is done, amid the cleaning frenzy (we volunteered to have our HOA meeting here tomorrow afternoon, ugh), a no-sew refashion will be posted on the girl's blog.

Happy Friday! 




No comments:

Post a Comment