Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday... Meme... Rawr!!!


I have been gluten free for two solid weeks and the biggest difference has been my sleep.  I sleep better than I think I ever have in my entire life.  I'm dreaming again.  I can't remember the last time I had a good, solid dream sequence.  It has taken me from waking up in a constant state of feeling hungover to waking up and nearly skipping out of my bedroom to begin my day.

But yesterday, the husband bought a growler of beer at a brewery where we had brunch.  He insisted that I try it, so I did.  It was good.  I had MAYBE three tablespoons of the stuff and I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck.  My body ached, by head raged, and it felt like I didn't sleep a wink.

It has turned my Monday into the dinosaur you see above, and my resolve into the screaming, fleeing kid that the dinosaur wishes to devour.

Even still (get ready for some blatant bragging), I managed to wash, dry, and fold two loads of laundry, put one of those loads away, and got the kids to empty the dishwasher (only one dish broken this time, huzzah!), so we'll chalk that up to some serious success!

When Kid #4 hits the pillow for nap time, I plan on finishing up the kitchen's state of affairs and then flopping down to hammer out a menu plan and shopping list for the week.  I may need to carve out some time for a quick catnap though, because I am feeling particularly wrecked.

Damn you, gluten.

No comments:

Post a Comment