Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tuesday calls for food...

I am going to make a simple-yet-delicious roasted chicken.  It's been a fallback recipe, though I really should make it more often.  It's easy and provides me with leftovers for other dishes, like sandwiches and casseroles, and a carcass for chicken soup.  The recipe is here.  I'm stoked to use the herbs that our garden now has to spare.

Yesterday's freak-out over the ants proved very productive in the cleaning department.  It also led to thoughts and plans on the move of the computer desk to the sewing desk way ahead of schedule.  The sewing desk is far more conducive to "officey" things, like a cork board built into the shelving, shelves for all of these papers and documents in the accordion files, and a pullout keyboard platform that goes virtually unused otherwise.  It also has a pullout writing surface that is also currently unused.  It just makes sense to me.  However, the mister is the one who would need convincing.

I'm wondering if this is one of those times where I should surprise him with the switch in the spirit of "It's better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission."

Either way, it's not happening today.  I've been put to task doing peon work for the mister's office.  I'm happy to do it.  It's extra funding, which always helps. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment