Monday, July 1, 2013

They go marching one by one...


Some days, that is truly how it feels.  

However, a whole new level of motivation has been thrown in my face and I am literally itching to get this place clean: I have ants.

Tiny black ants were spotted around my power strip by my computer when I was trying to figure out why our internet was down.  I moved it, and a small cluster of them scattered.  I moved my desk away from the wall and there they were.  A small army of them were happily munching away on bits of long lost popcorn.  I immediately got out the vacuum cleaner and went to town on the carpets, got some hot water and vinegar and washed down my walls and baseboards, and then sprayed a thin layer of peppermint oil to keep them away.  I'll be doing this to the entire perimeter of the downstairs today, which totally derails my plans to make today entirely about laundry.  Now it will be an emergency load of essentials to get the family through tomorrow, and tomorrow will be dedicated to laundry in what I hope to be an ant-free house.  

This also means I will probably yell at the kids like a drill sergeant if their food comes anywhere near the living room for the forseeable future.

Ick.  Ants make me itch at the very thought of them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment