Thursday, July 25, 2013

Oh Sweet Mercy, It's Only Thursday?!?!

When I woke up this morning, I was astounded that it was already Thursday.  This week is flying!

Then I began to think of things that needed my immediate attention:
Check and see if the mister was paid yet.
Check student loan #3 to see if payment was processed.
Call dentist's office and make another installment for Kid #4's surgery.
Pay water bill.
Pay sewer bill.
Copy the school district tax bill.
Mail original bill to our mortgage company.
... ad infinitum.

You get my point.

Suddenly, "it's already Thursday?!" turned into "it's only Thursday?!?!"

Feeling defeated before I even began, I flopped in front of the computer and opened Pinterest.  This is what greeted me, front-and-center:


I don't know why, but it immediately registered the day's pending tasks rather than a particular person.  My to-do list gets on my nerves.  So make these things sanctifying and every last gray hair they summon from your scalp will be a badge of courage!

Boom!  Pinterest and Facebook were closed immediately.  The phone's buttons nearly melted under my purpose-driven fingertips.  Bills were paid.  One bill was negotiated in half!  Homeschool papers and forms for the district were filled out, typed up, printed, and ready for notarizing.  Some laundry made it into the mix and was resolved.  Louis even went down for a nap an hour earlier than usual.

All of this, and it's just now noon.  I'm feeling particularly accomplished.

I have a ton left to do, but I have a plan with wiggle room necessary for any kid-tastrophe that might develop.

The icing to this decadent cake is that the weather is immaculate today.  Mid-70s temps, a cool breeze, low humidity, and some slight overcast make for rather heavenly surroundings that have bolstered my resolve to make things happen.

Thank you, Jesus, for today's sanctification!

No comments:

Post a Comment