Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thinking Things

My thoughts continue to remain with the plans to make things happen around here.  Today, however, my thoughts scatter about the landscape of this month's to-do list.

Kid #3, our only daughter, has a birthday coming up.  She'll be 6.  She wants a "Wreck-It Ralph vs. My Little Pony" cake.  I don't understand it, but I'll make it happen.  She also wants a My Little Pony dress after her favorite character "Fluttershy."  Thanks to Pinterest again, I've found a loose interpretation sundress idea that will be easy to execute.  Fluttershy is yellow with a pink mane and tail, and butterflies on her flanks.  So the dress will be yellow cotton with a pink sash around the waist and pink ruffles around the hem.  Butterflies will find a home on the bottom left of the dress, much like the poodle of a poodle skirt.  If I'm feeling particularly creative, and since Fluttershy has wings, I may embellish the dress with some mini-wings on the back.  We'll see.

She also wants coloring books and toys.  I may parcel those ideas out to her grandmothers. :-)

Alas, today's docket is filled to the brim with shotgun-style cleaning.  The kids will have a sitter this weekend, so it has to look like we know how to control ourselves.  I know, I'm laughing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment